Organising a hen or stag in 2023
Are you looking into organising a hen party in Sligo for 2023? We've been organising hen and stag parties in Sligo for over 8 years, so it's safe to say that we know everything about hens and stags in Sligo. So, we're going to share a couple of tips that will help you get started:
1. Start organising well in advance. Key dates in Sligo fill up fast and much sooner than some people think. So get your enquiries in early and you're in a better chance of having availability.
2. Know approximate party details before making an enquiry. In order to make an enquiry, you'll need some key pieces of information. You'll need:
- Date of enquiry and if you are flexible on the date
- Whether it's a one night or two night party (or a mix). It's important to note that some hotels have a two night minimum on certain weekends (in particular bank holiday weekends).
- Activity that you are interested in. You can choose a couple of activities here if you are interested in more than one activity. It's important to note that some activities have minimum numbers and some activities do apply surcharges if numbers drop below the minimum numbers. If minimum number apply on an activity - it is normally 10 ppl.
- Do you want a hen inclusive price? Some hens want a hen inclusive price which means the cost for the hen is covered by everyone else
3. Try to find an activity that suits everyone in your party. We've lots of activities. What activity to choose depends on the profile of your party. Some activities are relaxing, some are active/sporty and others are just fun-filled. It's definitely worth bearing in mind who's making the hen when choosing the activity. If you are looking to do a sporty activity like surfing, it might be worth adding something like a cocktail masterclass or Karaoke later in the day.
4. Keep it simple and be sure to leave time between activities. Most hen parties have one activity during the Saturday before the meal. Some hens have another activity after the meal or on the Friday night - something like cocktail making or karaoke. Two activities should really be the maximum number to consider of a hen party. It's normally not feasible for more than two and the costs spiral when you add too many.
5. Make use of the group payment system - let our systems do the donkey work. One of the biggest challenges to organising a hen party is collecting the monies and chasing people. This can really be painful, no matter what the group size is. However, every party that books with our company has complimentary use of our group payment platform. This system really takes the hassle out of collecting monies and chasing people. Once you enter everyone's details - our system chases everyone and people can pay for themseves online. They can even pay in instalments if they wish. You are notified when each person pays and it means you don't need to waste time collecting monies and chasing payment. Check out an overview of our group payment system here.